How to upsell waxing packages
Upselling is a clever way¬†to maximise your takings from existing customers. But what exactly is it?
In simple terms, upselling¬†means suggesting additional therapies to clients who have already¬†booked a treatment. Because these clients are already¬†on board, it’s easier to¬†persuade them to purchase an add-on extra and increase your profits.
Here’s how to upsell waxing packages to your customers:
- Make your upselling suggestions relevant to your client’s initial booking. If they’re after an upper lip wax, suggest adding on an eyebrow shape; if they want to get their legs waxed mention your promotions on bikini waxes. It’s simpler¬†for clients to accept small additions to a service they already want than shell out for¬†something that’s completely off the radar.
- Use smaller¬†treatments, such as face waxing, as a springboard to discuss more profitable extras, like underarm waxing, that take little extra time. If persuaded, clients are more likely to try¬†shorter appointments over lengthier options. However, once you’ve got a customer on side and they’ve experienced your service, you can begin to recommend premium¬†treatments.
- Bundle waxing offers¬†together on holidays and special occasions. Valentine’s Day, anniversaries and even the start of the summer season make for superb promotional opportunities.¬†Offer a discount on treatments that are booked as packages, for example 10% off a leg wax when combined with an eyebrow shape.
- Mention which treatments are popular among your clientele. Hearing about the experiences and recommendations of other customers can encourage others to say yes to add-on services.
- Put a time limit on your offers. This puts a little pressure on clients to make the most of seasonal promotions while they’re available.