Waxing with gold film hot wax
Film wax is cooler to use than hot wax but carries all the same benefits. It’s (1) suitable for all areas of the body including the face (2) still catches those short, stubborn, terminal hairs around the bikini line and underarms and (3) can be sheered over large surface areas. Plus, it feels more comfortable when applied to the skin because of it’s lower temperature and you don’t need to use a strip to remove it!
Here’s how to get the most out waxing with¬†Gold Film Hot Wax:
- Begin by prepping the treatment area with Cleansing Gel to get rid of any impurities on the surface of the skin and prime it for wax application. Simply apply a single pump to a cotton wool pad and swipe over the skin to gently remove the residue of cosmetic products and lotions. Then follow up with Soothing Oil to create a barrier between the wax and the skin and encourage the product to shrink wrap around the hairs alone. Pump the oil directly onto your gloved hands and massage over the skin.
- Apply Gold Film Hot Wax over the skin with a spatula –this variety of wax is formulated to work effectively over large surface areas so you can apply longer strokes over the legs, thighs and arms. Opt for smaller applications over the face and eyebrow area to give you precision control upon removal.
- Wait a few seconds for the wax to shrink wrap and set around the hair before grabbing one end (either with your fingers or twisting it around your spatula if applied over the body) and pulling it swiftly away from the skin. This variety of wax is flexible and remains pliable even when spread thinly over the skin so don’t worry about it snapping.
- As film wax can be applied in longer stretches and over bigger areas than hot wax, you may need to pull half of the wax off, stop for a second while still holding on to it and then remove the remainder. So instead of one single motion, you’ll split the removal into smaller segments. Here’s a great video that shows you how to do it.
- Finally, apply Cooling Creme to a cotton pad and swipe over the treatment area to instantly soothe the skin and calm any redness and discomfort.