Top five spray tanning facts from Sienna X
Here are the top five things you need to know about spray tanning!
If you’re getting a spray tan, here are the top five facts from the Sienna X tanning specialists.
If you’re keen to know more about your spray tan treatment before you step into the booth, here are some key facts courtesy of our experts at Sienna X.
- The active ingredient that creates the colour of your spray tan is called dihydroxyacetone (sometimes referred to simply as DHA). It reacts with the amino acids in your skin and slowly develops a golden colour.
- Many people choose to have a spray tan topless or nude, but you can cover up with disposable briefs which are provided by your spray tanning therapist. You may also be given ‘sticky feet’ which allow you to tan the tops of your feet without having to walk barefoot.
- Once applied, your tan will develop into what is known as a ‘guide colour’ within 8 hours. It will be of a deeper tone than the final colour which will appear after you shower, revealing a beautiful and even tan.
- Before attending your spray tanning appointment you should ensure that you prepare your skin with exfoliation and moisturisation the day before your treatment. On the day of your tan, skin should be clean and free of products and perfumes to give the best base for the spray tan colour.
- Following application, your spray tan will last from between 5 to 10 days depending on the individual. Activities such as bathing and exercising can cause your tan to fade quicker than usual.