The lowdown on waxing aftercare
Gear up your clients with these useful post-waxing¬†tips so they can care for their skin¬†between treatments:
***Apply Soothing Oil or¬†Cooling Creme to your client’s skin immediately after waxing to instantly calm discomfort, redness and skin sensitivity. Scented with uplifting peppermint, both of these post-waxing essentials can be used over the legs, underarms and¬†bikini line to soften and soothe.***
- Avoid the swimming pool, sauna and steam room for at least a day after waxing to prevent bacteria getting into your open pores. You should also steer clear of sunbeds and spray tans for the first 24 hours. If you’ve had a face wax treat yourself to a¬†no make-up day to allow your skin to breathe.
- Your therapist will already have applied a cream, gel or oil to your skin on the day of your treatment to protect your skin from¬†infection.¬†Keep your skin clean to maintain the effectiveness of these products.
- If you’ve had a Brazilian, Hollywood or basic bikini line wax try to wear loose underwear after your treatment to reduce friction and prevent soreness, bumps and redness.
- A few days after your wax, and once your pores have closed up, start to use a gentle exfoliator in the shower to help prevent ingrown hairs. The fine pumice in Polishing Body Scrub will gently buff the skin and remove dead skin cells, ensuring that¬†new hair follicles¬†can break to the surface when the cycle of growth re-starts.
- Finally, don’t shave or use depilatory products in between your waxing treatments! Opt for regular waxes every 3-4 weeks instead to soften the appearance of coarse hairs and reduce hair growth.