Is a professional wax expensive?
Investing in a professional wax has real benefits; smoother, softer skin, finer regrowth and fewer ingrown hairs.
But is the cost worth it?
Compare it to other forms of hair removal, like laser or shaving, and waxing wins hands down.
Here’s why investing in a salon wax is worth it:
- The cost will even itself out! Remember you won’t be purchasing razor blades, shaving foam, depilatory creams or other products if you stick to a regular waxing routine. Just one treatment every month or so is all you’ll need for super-smooth skin all year round. And you don’t have to book in for a full-on body wax or Brazilian; a quick eyebrow reshape or a bikini line touch up are affordable treatments that have long-lasting results.
- What’s the main benefit of waxing over the long term? Your hair will become sparser, finer and slower to grow over time. That means you’ll need fewer treatments as you age because there’ll be less hair to remove.
- You’ll also avoid the nicks and cuts from regular shaving as well as bypass those chemicals found in depilatory creams that can irritate the skin.
- Remember you’re not just paying for a wax at your treatment. A salon wax, although uncomfortable at times, is a chance to invest in self-care and some precious ‘me time’. The right therapist will turn it into a pampering experience with the use of luxurious pre and post wax oils and balms that soften, moisturise and protect the health of your skin.
- Waxing is also far more affordable than electrolysis and laser hair removal, which are both painful, can cause scarring and require multiple costly treatments to be effective. These treatments don’t work as well on dark hair either, especially if it’s coarse or stubborn, where as wax doesn’t discriminate and will pull all hairs out from the root regardless of texture and colour.