How to adapt your make up to suit your tan
One of the best things about getting a sunless tan is that your skin looks gorgeously golden and blemish free with virtually zero effort. Even the lightest layer of tanner evens out the skin tone and makes the complexion look brighter and healthier.
But if you’re used to a particular make up routine it can be tricky to adapt your techniques to suit your new caramel glow. Here are our tips:
- Want to use a touch of foundation? Ideally, choose¬†a blend of foundation that matches up to your new tan. Your usual foundation or concealer will¬†look slightly lighter than your honey-coloured skin, which will make your complexion look dull. You could also add a little bit of our Instant Bronzing Gel to your regular foundation, to help match your new tanned tone.
- Brighter blushers work beautifully against a warmer skin tone. Layer up powder blusher on the apples of your cheeks so it stands out more or use a liquid blusher to lend your skin a delicate flush. Creamy, peachy blushers won’t show up on dark skin so select a vibrant blush to accentuate your cheekbones.
- Be daring with your lipstick — olive skin tones can take the impact of¬†red, orange and pink shades where as darker complexions suit berry shades, plums and deeper reds rather than nude colours.
- Richer lipsticks and deeply hued eye make up, like blue mascara, will make your teeth and the whites of your eyes look whiter and brighter.
- Sculpt and define the natural contours of your face by swiping a touch of bronzer just under your cheekbones, jawline and the top of your forehead, before applying illuminator across the cheekbones, browbone and decolletage.