Eyebrow wax aftercare
Taking proper care of your eyebrows after a waxing treatment is a must if you want to maintain the perfect shape and protect your skin. Here are our top 6 tips on post-wax aftercare for eyebrows:
- A Cooling Creme will normally be applied to your brows once your treatment is complete to instantly relieve discomfort, redness and skin sensitivity. Infused with calming Basil Oil and anti-inflammatory Echinacea, this antibacterial cream protects the skin from the risk of infection. There’s no need to remove it, as it absorbs into the skin like a nourishing moisturiser. Leave it on and let it work its magic.
- Make sure to wash your hands before touching your just-waxed brows.
- Avoid putting concealer, foundation or serum over your brow area immediately after your wax. Bypass your eyebrow pencil, brow gel and pomade too. Once any redness/soreness disappears you can go ahead and apply your make up again. For the majority of people, their skin will return to normal very quickly. However, if you tend to suffer with sensitivity, you may need to wait longer. You can apply a cool pack to your brows to speed up the recovery process.
- Steer clear of hot treatments, like saunas, steam rooms and sunbeds as well as hot baths and steaming showers for 24 hours. This will avoid aggravating your freshly-waxed skin.
- In between brow treatments, try not to pluck out new growth. Allow your hairs to reappear as normal so your therapist can create the perfect shape at your next brow treatment. This is especially important if regrowth has been advised to fix gaps or improve thickness. Having said that, you can get away with plucking out a few stray hairs as long as you don’t veer too close to the main brow shape that you’ve worked so hard to maintain.
- Finally, go pedal to the metal with styling your brows. Use brow pencils to add depth, concealer to highlight and setting gel to keep them in perfect position for the entire day.