Does pain free waxing exist?
It’s not surprising that lots of people search for ‘pain free waxing’ salons online. But is the idea of a completely painless wax a bit of a pipe dream?
Unfortunately, no one has invented a 100% pain-free waxing treatment yet. However, you can reduce some of the discomfort with these useful tips:
- Think about your monthly cycle before booking in for your appointment. Waxing in the run up to your period can often feel more painful than at other times because hormone changes can make the skin feel more sensitive than usual.
- Exfoliate your skin a day before your treatment to remove the dead skin cells on the surface and reveal any trapped hairs. Smoother skin will also encourage the wax to glide on better and wrap around individual strands of hair so they can be successfully removed on the first try.
- Hold your skin taut during your waxing session to reduce the pain, especially around intimate areas like the bikini line. This will also help your therapist to work faster, again curbing any discomfort and getting the treatment over as quickly as possible.
- Keep chatting to your therapist to distract yourself from feeling uncomfortable.
- Sometimes a cold compress placed over any painful areas can help to soothe inflammation and immediate soreness.
- Ask for lots of after-care balm to be applied to your skin to alleviate discomfort. Formulated to instantly soothe and soften the skin, post-waxing oils and balms act like healing salves on irritated skin that also reduce infection.
The mild discomfort of waxing is definitely worth it in the end though isn’t it? You get silky smooth hair-free skin for up to a month in return for a treatment that lasts less than an hour. Sounds like the perfect trade off!