Professional Tips & Advice
Want to try face waxing?
2 Min Read Tuesday 17th October 2017
Waxing the face isn’t as unusual as you might imagine…
There are plenty of reasons to give it a go and see if it suits you:
- Hormone changes, pregnancy, menopause and medication have an effect on the growth and texture of facial hair. You might find that hairs have started sprouting under your chin and even further down on your neck. Perhaps tweezing them out just takes too long? A face wax includes neck and chin waxing and you won’t have to worry about re-growth for two to three weeks.
- It’s normal to have very fine hairs over the cheeks and sides of the face but some people like to remove them to help the skin appear smoother and softer.¬†If shaving off vellus hair, better known as peach fuzz, makes you feel weird, a face wax will do a better and longer-lasting job because those tiny hairs are pulled out from the root and won’t return as stubble.
- Long-term hair removal techniques, like laser that target the pigment in a hair shaft, don’t work as well on blonde and grey hairs. The treatment can also be painful, expensive and require many sessions to be successful.
- Along with unwanted hairs, waxing also removes the dead skin cells on the surface of the face. It’s a quick exfoliating treatment that leaves the skin looking smoother and brighter because it increases blood circulation at the the surface.
- And for the guys out there? If you’re sick of the nicks, cuts and irritations that come with shaving your face every day try face waxing. One treatment and your hairs will reappear with a finer, softer tip instead of a stubbly edge and if you keep up with regular sessions you’ll cut heaps of time off your morning routine.