Professional Tips & Advice
5 facts about waxing
2 Min Read Wednesday 5th October 2016
- Waxing doubles up as a quick exfoliating treatment! Warm wax removes the dead skin cells sitting on the surface of the skin in a single motion, leaving it feeling gorgeously soft and smooth. That means you get two skin-pampering treatments in the time it takes to complete one!
- Because wax removes hair from the root you’ll avoid those annoying cuts, nicks and abrasions that can occur during shaving.
- Plus, when your hair grows back it will feel fine and soft, rather than stubbly, blunt and hard. That’s why waxing has become such a popular treatment, especially around sensitive areas like the bikini line, upper lip and chin. New hair growth that has a tapered tip isn’t as noticeable as shaved hair and won’t feel itchy and tough, making it gentler on sensitive skin and suitable for intimate areas.
- Waxing is useful for sufferers of dry skin conditions, like eczema, too. Removing unwanted hair once a month, rather than shaving throughout the week and repeatedly irritating sore areas, is much kinder to the skin.
- Face waxing, particularly eyebrow waxing, can sculpt and define your face by framing the eyes and lifting the browbone. Tackling unruly hairs will give you a polished look and draw attention to your cheekbones too. You get an instant facelift in less than 15 minutes!