Did you know?
Spray Tanning is a non-contact treatment, meaning that you and your client can be completely protected throughout the appointment.
You and your client can wear disposable masks during the whole treatment, without this affecting the end results. Your client can simply remove at the end of the treatment so you can spray the face. However, you as the therapist can continue to wear yours throughout which will ensure protection for you both. As per our training course, we also recommend wearing latex gloves throughout the treatment, which can then be disposed of.
We are aware that some clients have asked about the 8hr Development time and washing hands, therefore we would advise to use this time to educate and promote the 1hr Express Tan. This means that clients can wash hands/shower after just 1 hour without compromising on results or educate that Rose Water can be spritzed across hands for a light glow if hands are washed during development.
We’ve put together a few top tips to help minimise the impact of the current circumstances on your business…
• Wash hands before and after each client, and apply hand sanitiser – making the application visible to your client will also reassure them.
• Remind your clients of this treatment being a non-contact treatment, allowing them to feel comfortable and reassured.
• Before each appointment, ask clients to come fully prepared with clean, washed hands. We would advise you to leave anti-bacterial gel in a convenient place for clients to use on arrival.
• Ensure your tent or booth is cleaned thoroughly after each treatment, take extra precautions to disinfect reception areas or door handles as clients enter/leave.
• We also recommend limiting the use of any non-disposable goods, for example replacing towels for couch roll.
• Advise your client of how to use sticky feet, hair caps and tan removal wipes so they can apply and remove these themselves, with a bin nearby to dispose of them following the treatment.
• Advise clients of the process should they need to change/cancel due to illness.
• Look to offering a contactless payment where possible during this period.
• Educate your clients on your own business policy, making it clear should this affect your cancellation policy. If you clients are cancelling because they no need a tan for a specific event, suggest that going ahead with their appointment will still give them a week long feel good factor.
Please be conscious that some clients might be feeling a little more apprehensive now, providing a calm and relaxing environment will be key to all as well as offering reassurance. Clients might not feel comfortable asking for masks, so we recommend making these readily available for all.
Do you offer Brow, Waxing or Facial Treatments?
While these are more intimate treatments there are precautions or education that could help to reassure your clients ahead of their appointment…
• Wear gloves at all time and change between clients – we recommend putting on your brand-new pair in visibility of your client to give reassurance.
• Ensure all surface areas are clean and disinfected after each client. All equipment should be sterilised in Barbicide after each treatment and where possible use disposable products which can be disposed after each treatment.
• While you should always be applying the No Double Dip Policy, you might want to use this time to re-educate your clients on using this policy.
• Provide disposable masks and hand sanitiser in a convenient place for your clients and make them aware it is readily available for them to use.
Please be conscious that some clients might be feeling a little more apprehensive, providing a calm and relaxing environment will be key to all as well as offering reassurance. Clients might not feel comfortable asking for masks, so we recommend making these readily available for all.
We would recommend sending out a communication to your clients prior to their appointment to educate them on the above – this gives them trust that you are a business are doing everything you can to eliminate risk but also ensure they can continue to have relaxing treatments as normal.