10 hacks to freshening up your treatment space
Want to add some oomph to your salon without spending a fortune?
Here are our easy tips on ways to freshen up a tired space by spending little or no money:
- Hang a mirror to reflect existing the light in the treatment area. It’ll make your space look bigger, create a focal point for the room and give clients a place to check over their tan and confirm they’re happy with your work.
- If you’re watching those pennies try dying your towels instead of buying new ones to give them a new lease of life. Opt for a dark colour to disguise tan stains.
- Light scented candles to lift your treatment space and lend your salon an inviting perfume. Candles infused with fresh scents, like apple, fresh linen and sea breeze, can make a cramped area feel lighter.
- Showcase premium consumer products on shelving units or in bundles across different areas of the room. It’s easier to make a sale during a treatment and you can easily show each client what you have to offer if it’s nearby. Check out our consumer range here.
- De-clutter and streamline soft furnishings and accessories to create a professional looking space. Don’t be tempted to fill all the space with nick-nacks — the eye needs somewhere to rest so it makes sense to keep some walls blank and picture-free.
- Change your light bulbs and light fixtures for stronger varieties before Autumn sets in to give your salon a brighter feel even when the sun is setting early. Combine lamps and overhead lights to build up layers of lighting.
- Open all the windows and doors to allow fresh air to circulate around your salon in the morning. A breeze passing through your space will eliminate the smell of tanner.
- Rearrange your furniture to see older pieces in a new light.
- Bring the outside in by positioning a plant indoors. Ones that are easy to care for, like succulents, require little watering and will lend your space a greener feel.
- Change your soundtrack. Switch radio stations, shuffle your spotify or try a tranquil piece of music to create a relaxing environment in seconds.