The Accounts Semi Senior position is a pivotal part of the business and reports to both the CEO and Operations Director. This department is only you and is responsible for managing and doing the whole aspect of accounts. If you are self-managing, pro-active, love variety and are an expert in Sage 200, then this role is perfect for you.
The person who is in this position currently has been with Sienna X for 8 years and is after a change with a focus only on bookkeeping full-time. This position is only 22 hrs a week, over 4 or 5 working days and encompasses all the roles in an accounts department.
This is a great opportunity for a fully similar role experienced, AAT Qualified, ACA or ACCA student/ part qualified or recently qualified individual from a general practice background who is seeking continuous professional development, hybrid/ flexible working and a good work/ life balance.
About Sienna X
At Sienna X, we celebrate 19+ years of heritage as a beauty brand predominantly in the Professional sector, growing into the Retail/E-tailer sectors and overseas in recent years. Sienna X is mainly in the Self Tan and Skincare categories, Luxury Wax & Brows too. Our educational authority, delivering online and offline courses ensures the brand is represented as a quality treatment that clients want to repeat. We care about our team, and customers and our customer service strive to offer exceptional service and support. Our team is passionate, enthusiastic and curious to find out bigger and better ways of success.
It takes a certain sort of person to be their best in such a fast-paced, ever-changing environment like Sienna X. We look for talented, self-motivated, and enthusiastic individuals who will be able to share our passion for providing the “world’s natural beauty, professional experience.”
Purpose of the role
To be fully accountable for managing and doing the accounts department. The role is currently and will remain part-time, 20-25 hrs per week depending on your abilities.
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all the bank accounts; including petty cash, Sage pay, PayPal, USD, Euro and the cash sales
- Responsible for implementation of new starters and leavers of the business into and off the payroll
- Preparation of reports for payroll
- Processing payroll
- Responsible for the autoenrollment pension process
- Preparation of Statements of account
- Responsible for credit control
- Responsible for credit notes
- Raising Amazon Invoices each month
- Responsible for posting invoices
- Responsible for posting credit notes
- Responsible for reconciling supplier statements
- Responsible for scanning invoices into the system
- Responsible for making supplier payments
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments, as well as posting them monthly
- Raising a FOC charge journal
- Preparation of VAT returns and VAT reports, quarterly
- Updating fixed asset register for additions, disposals and the value of depreciation
- Reconciliation of the business stock and reversal of the kits on the stock valuation each month
- Preparation and posting of the depreciation journal on a monthly basis
- Ensuring all profit and loss accounts are up to date by following a specific system for postings
- Reconciliation of nominal accounts
- Corporation tax computations
- Liaising with HRMC
- Drafting and responding to emails
- Receiving and sending posts from the business on a daily basis
- Scanning as required on a daily basis
- There will also be general office tasks to complete on a daily basis
- Self-managing and pro-active
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Drive to improve processes and performance
- Passion for what you do
- Positive and friendly with a “can do attitude”
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and organise
- Take responsibility for yourself
- Confident to make decisions and to stand by them.
- Excellent communicator
- Forward-thinking, always looking for new and exciting ways to do things
- A sense of fun!
What do you need to be successful?
- All-around Accounts experience for the last 3yrs +
- Very recent experience in a similar accounts role with excellent exposure and understanding of Sage 200, Microsoft and Excel.
- Understanding of reading numbers, spotting both opportunities and discrepancies.
- Strong relationship building, a client service approach for credit control
- ATT Qualified / Qualified by Experience or Part Qualified Accountant
- Experience with Amazon invoicing
- Successful Experience with Credit Control
Please apply with your most up-to-date CV along with a letter/email saying why your experience meets all the areas of this accounts position.